The Tartan Niners women’s league is scheduled for Thursday mornings beginning April 26th and going through the end of August.
Tee times are normally from 7:15 to 9:00. For 2018 registration information contact Cindy Martin at email@example.com 651-592-8797
Anyone who joins the league after the first of scheduled league play will play the full league membership price.
Golfers who drop out after the first scheduled day of play will not have their membership refunded.
2018 Officers and Committee Chairs
President – Cindy Martin
Vice President – Kathy Peterson
Past President – Carole Kinderman
Secretary – Mitzi Knutzen
Treasurer – Mabel Beane
Weekly Events/Schedule/Sign-up Sheets – Suzanne Piotrowski
Back/Front Tournament – Connie Fredcove
Ringer Board – Nora Ivory
Audit Committee – Mary Cripe, Kathy Peterson
Weekly Handicaps – Mary Cripe (Sue Truhlar, Cindy Martin)
Year End Awards – Sue Truhlar & Mary Cripe
Sign up for your tee times in advance. Sign-up sheets are in the Tartan Niners book located behind the desk in the pro shop.
If you need to cancel a tee time or are unable to play for any reason, be sure to call the clubhouse at 651-730-8886 x 3.
- Weekly green fees (senior rate) payable at Golf Shop prior to play: $15.50 + tax
- Make sure to pick up a Players Club Awards Card at golf shop counter. You can do this at anytime.
League Adopted Rules
- Play Ready Golf !!
- Winter Golf Rules apply through May. This means that if your ball lands on a patch of bare ground (or snow), where there should be grass, then you can move your ball to the closest grass, no closer to the hole.
- Rule for ball in sand trap: If the ball lands in a hoof or foot print in the sand trap, we can lift ball, rake sand, and replace ball without penalty.
- Rule for lost ball: Maximum 3 minutes to search for ball. If not found, drop the ball 2 club lengths from where you think it was lost & add 1 stroke. From the Tee Box, if you think your ball is lost, play a provisional.
- Rule for Hole 16 at Oak Marsh: You MUST play every shot & IF the ball goes into the gully, you can drop on the other side with a 1 stroke penalty. NOTE: there is NO marked drop zone on the other side – BE FAIR when dropping the ball!
- If you quit a hole, continue to play, BUT your ENTIRE game is void for ALL STATS that week.
- All water hazards are RED staked. If your ball goes into the water, a new ball may be dropped within 2 club lengths from where the ball entered the water & take 1 stroke penalty. If it goes into “casual” water (e.g., puddle), move ball to nearest dry area, no closer to the hole. No penalty is taken.
- At Oak Marsh, if a ball hits a power line, you must hit another ball from where you originally hit (with no penalty stroke).
- On the tee box, tee off between the red tee markers & no further than 2 club lengths behind those markers.
- You MUST count every stroke, including whiffs, and you MUST putt out. (No Gimmies!)
- To speed up play, it’s okay to putt while on the green with the flag stick in the hole (you may have flag stick removed or leave it in – your choice), with NO penalty if you hit the flag.
- If you have an unplayable ball in a bunker, you may drop outside of the bunker, no closer to the hole, for a 2 shot penalty. Note: YOU decide it’s unplayable, e.g., buried into the side of the bunker.
Scoring and Ringer Board
Fill out your scorecard completely and legibly
- Be sure your full name is on the card
- Circle your birdies and pars
- Circle & indicate any chip-ins
- Be sure to add up you score correctly and use correct handicap
- Attested should add scores also as a cross check
- The card must be signed, attested and dated
- Write down the name of the person(s) with the low net in your group as the winner of the golf ball. If there is a tie for low net, both get a golf ball.
- Post your scores to the ringer board/sheet.
- If recording putts, do it on a separate line
- Only 2 people to a card
- Leave your LEGIBLE scorecards on the table.
Golf Events Schedule 2018 Tartan Niners Kick-Off meeting for Thursday, April 19th 2018 at 10AM at Oak Marsh
|April 26th||Back 9||7:15 – 9:00||Open Golf – League Start Date|
|May 3rd||Front 9||7:15 – 9:00||Forget-A-Hole|
|May 10th||Back 9||7:15 – 9:00||Best Poker Hand 10, 12, 14, 16 & 18|
|May 17th||Front 9||7:15 – 9:00||Net Minus Putts|
|May 24th||Back 9||8:30 Shotgun||Coffee Get Together after Golf -Low Net|
|May 31st||Front 9||7:15 – 9:00||Fewest Putts|
|June 7th||Back 9||7:15 – 9:00||Criers Tournament (Forget 2 Holes)|
|June 14th||Front 9||7:00 – 8:45||Forget Hole #7|
|June 21st||Back 9||6:45 – 8:00||Gross Minus Putts|
|June 28th||Front 9||7:15 – 9:00||Lucky 5 A’s; 7 B’s; 9 C’s; 11 D’s|
|July 5th||Back 9||7:15 – 9:00||Low Gross|
|July 12th||Front 9||7:15 – 9:00||Forget Hole #2|
|July 19th||Back 9||8:30 Shotgun||Fun Day (Lunch at Clubhouse)|
|July 26th||Front 9||7:15 – 9:00||Blind Partners|
|August 2nd||Back 9||7:15 – 9:00||Back Tournament (Keep track of Putts)|
|August 9th||Front 9||7:00 – 8:45||Front Tournament (Keep track of Putts)|
|August 16th||Front 9||7:15 – 9:00||No Events (Backup date for Front/Back Tournament|
|August 23rd||Back 9||8:30 Shotgun||End of Season Banquet|